At North King Lodge, safety of communities, guests and staff has always been our first priority. This remains true during 2021 and beyond.
This is a summary of the steps North King Lodge is taking to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases among communities, guests and staff. All protocols meet or exceed BC Public Health Orders and WorkSafe BC requirements as of June 30, 2021. All protocols are subject to change by Public Health Order and WorkSafe BC. Application of this plan does not guarantee the health and safety of communities, guests and staff.
British Columbia no longer requires companies to publicly post a Safety Plan. At North King Lodge, we are still adhering to relevant and appropriate measures to ensure everyone’s safety at our remote location
- Frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Hand sanitizer in all boats
- Touchless hand sanitizer throughout the lodge
- Staff have at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Staff complete daily COVID-19 screening
- Staff and guests choose personal preference for face coverings***
- Staff and guests maintain 2 metres physical distancing
- No buffet or self-serve food services
- Guests remain seated at tables during meal service
- Plexiglass installed at front desk
- Plexiglass installed in areas where physical distancing is not possible
- Daily housekeeping during stay cancelled
- Fresh linens/towels, and supplies replenished on request, using contact-less delivery
- Staff and guests required to report any signs or symptoms of Influenza-like Illness to First Aid
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire for guests 48 hours prior to scheduled departure date
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire and temperature check for guests prior to departing South Terminal
*** Non-medical masks must be worn at all airport terminals and on all aircraft ***
Full details are provided in the COVID-19 Safety Plan and Operations Manual. The safety plan is available to potential and booked guests on request.