At North King Lodge, safety of communities, guests and staff has always been our first priority. This remains true during 2021 and beyond.
This is a summary of the steps North King Lodge is taking to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 among communities, guests and staff. All protocols meet or exceed BC Public Health Orders and WorkSafe BC requirements as of January 31, 2021. The plan will be updated as necessary. All protocols are subject to change by Public Health Order and Worksafe BC. Application of this plan does not guarantee the health and safety of communities, guests and staff.
- Hourly cleaning of high traffic areas
- Boats sanitized after each use
- Fishing supplies eg. Rod, reels, tackle boxes etc. sanitized after each use
- Hand sanitizer in all boats
- Touchless hand sanitizer throughout the lodge
- Staff and guests wear face coverings
- Staff and guests maintain 2 meters physical distancing
- Staff undergo daily COVID-19 screening
- No buffet or self-serve food services
- Meal service times staggered
- Guests stay within their bubbles and not mingle with other groups.
- Groups have an assigned meal service time slot
- Plexiglass installed at front desk
- Plexiglass installed in areas where physical distancing is not possible
- Daily housekeeping during stay cancelled
- Fresh linens/towels, and supplies replenished on request, using contact-less delivery
- Staff and guests required to report any symptoms to First Aid
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire for guests 48 hours prior to departure from home.
- COVID-19 screening questionnaire for guests prior to departing South Terminal
Full details are provided in the COVID-19 Safety Plan and Operations Manual.
Potential guests, please contact us for an electronic copy.
Booked guests will receive an email or (on request) mailed copy of the Safety Plan prior to their trip. Paper copies will be provided in your room upon request.