How do I know where the fishing grounds are?

Each boat contains a chart of our area, with the lodge location and popular fishing spots clearly marked. The chart indicates a Rockfish Conservation Area. This area is closed to all fishing.

Do I need a boat operator card?

All guests fill out an easy-to-complete boat rental form, accompanied by a safety and boating orientation and demo.

Do I need a fishing licence?

You are required by Canadian government regulations to carry identification plus a valid licence and salmon tag while fishing. Canada uses an all-electronic licensing system, and licences are not available to purchase on arrival at the lodge.  You may pre-purchase your licence online here: Fisheries and Oceans Canada.  If you prefer, we can pre-purchase your licence; a small administrative fee is charged in addition to the cost of the licence.  Please submit your request here at least 3 weeks before your trip.

What do I need to carry on the boat while fishing?

Boat rental form; fishing licence; identification; tag bag.

Do I need a guide?

Our staff will provide you with updates on gear and tactics to accomplish your goals. Guide service is recommended for fishers new to our area and should be requested at the time of booking.

What are the catch and retention limits?

The most up-to-date, in-season catch and retention limits are posted on the Department of Fisheries and Oceans website here.  We are situated in Tidal Area 6.

How is my fish catch processed?

Included in your package price is complete fish processing – all fish is filleted, vacuum packed, frozen and boxed for travel.  If you wish to have some or all of your catch smoked or canned, we can arrange shipping to St. Jean’s Cannery, who will take utmost care to process your fish to your specifications.

Can I fish the day I leave?

Yes, departure times are scheduled to allow you to fish the morning bite.